Come Give Us a Try
Welcome to Ashford Rugby Club Under 8′s (2016/17)
The new Rugby season starts on 4th September!
Registration 11th September from 10:00 AM
New players need to complete both a RFU Registration and an Ashford RFC registration form, returning players only need to complete the ARFC registration. These forms can be obtained at the club house or by talking to coaching staff.
The most important objective is to keep it fun for the young players! The Under 8’s will be playing mostly Tag Rugby, a safe fast moving game that helps young players to learn the basics of Rugby with limited risk of getting hurt. Towards the end of the2016/17 season we will be introducing tackling into the game, so contact between the young players will start. Our aim is to teach the young players how to play rugby as safely as possible whilst installing the core principals of:
Teamwork – Respect – Enjoyment – Discipline – Sportsmanship
We expect players to arrive at 09:45 for a 10:00 start. We train for 1 ½ Hours (weather permitting) with mixed drills with rugby based games in order to build the core skills. We try to keep sessions fast paced, active and most importantly FUN.
To participate with training and games, players should have the correct kit:
- Rugby Shirts
- Shorts (Joggers and top when the weather is cold)
- Studded boots.
- Sports gloves (not woollen)
- Gum shields.
- Players should come with a bottle of water and maybe a quick snack.
Players kit can be purchased from the club shop located to the right of the bar in the club house.
We are a friendly group, and all our coaching staff are approachable. We all have children who play the game for the club at various age groups. We all meet in the club house after training and welcome any parents who wish to join us.
Meet the Coaching Staff
Graeme – RFU Safeguarding Officers DBS Certified
The Safeguarding officers can be contacted at the training sessions or via the club
John RFU Level 2 – Mobile 07979 538 770
Tom RFU Level 1 – Mobile 07810 354 458
Ian RFU Level 1
Amanda Paul – Steve – Coaching Assistants
All coaching staff hold current DBS certificates.
John, Ian and Tom are also qualified first aiders.
- Facebook. To enforce our child responsibilities, the U8 Facebook page is only accessible to parents or legal guardians of ARFC registered players. Parents are asked not to share any images where other children’s faces can be identified on Facebook or other social networks without the expressed permission of all other parents involved.
- The U8′s have the added assistance of two parents who perform the role of “safeguarding officers” on behalf of the club with an RFU backed accreditation. They attend training to oversee and ensure that the best practice standards are adhered to.
- All parents at this age group are required to attend the training sessions, in case they are needed.
|02-Oct-16||Medway / Canterbury Festival||Away|
|16-Oct-16||EK Festival||Away (Various)|
|23-Oct-16||Training / Cranbrook B Festival|
|01-Jan-17||New Year’s Day|
|15-Jan-17||Ash / Whitstable||Home|
|12-Mar-17||EK Festival||Away – Canterbury|
|16-Apr-17||Fixture To Be Added||Tbc|
|30-Apr-17||Fixture To Be Added||Tbc|