Under 9’s Vikings
Come Give Us a Try
Welcome to Ashford Rugby Club Under 9′s Vikings (2017/18)
(School Year 4)
The new Rugby season starts on the 3rd September 2017 at 10:00
Registration TBC in September from 10:00 AM
New players need to complete both a RFU Registration and an Ashford RFC registration form, returning players only need to complete the ARFC registration. These forms can be obtained at the club house or by talking to coaching staff.
The Under 9’s will be playing games and concentrating in drills around contact Rugby, being taught how to tackle and be tackled. Because of this contact, a gum shield is an essential item of equipment. These can be purchased in the club house from behind the bar or in the club shop. Also, they can be purchased at sports shops and online. No gum shield, no contact! New players will be given one on one training time with a coach to ensure they gain a standard to keep their wellbeing and safety at the very top of our priorities. Our aim is to teach the young players how to play rugby as safely as possible whilst installing the core RFU principals of:
Teamwork – Respect – Enjoyment – Discipline – Sportsmanship
We can be found to the left of the club house as you look out over the pitches.
We expect players to arrive at 09:45 for a 10:00 start. We train for 2 Hours (weather permitting) with mixed drills with rugby based games in order to build the core skills. We try to keep sessions fast paced, active and most importantly FUN.
To participate with training and games, players should have the correct kit:
- Rugby Shirts
- Shorts (Joggers and top when the weather is cold)
- Studded boots.
- Sports gloves (not woollen)
- Gum shields, a must for the protection of adult teeth.
- Players should come with a bottle of water and maybe a quick snack.
Players kit can be purchased from the club shop located to the right of the bar in the club house.
We are a friendly group, and all our coaching staff are approachable. We all have children who play the game for the club at various age groups. The coaches meet in the club house after training and welcome any parents who wish to join us.
Meet the Coaching Staff
Graeme – RFU Safeguarding Officers DBS Certified
The Safeguarding officers can be contacted at the training sessions or via the club or Amanda on her mobile 07867670027
John RFU Level 2 – Mobile 07979 538 770
Tom RFU Level 1 – Mobile 07810 354 458
Ian RFU Level 1
Amanda (Also holding a RFU Safeguarding Officers DBS Certified) – Paul – Steve – Coaching Assistants
All coaching staff hold current DBS certificates.
John, Ian and Tom are also qualified first aiders.
- Facebook. To enforce our child responsibilities, the U9’s Vikings Facebook page is only accessible to parents or legal guardians of ARFC registered players. Parents are asked not to share any images where other children’s faces can be identified on Facebook or other social networks without the expressed permission of all other parents involved.
- The U9′s have the added assistance of two parents who perform the role of “safeguarding officers” on behalf of the club with an RFU backed accreditation. They attend training to oversee and ensure that the best practice standards are adhered to.
- All parents at this age group are required to attend the training sessions, in case they are needed.
|Oct-15||East Kent Tournament – Sheppey||Away|
|Dec-10||Sheppey & Gillingham||Home|
|Jan-28||Ash & Whitstable||Home|
|Mar-18||East Kent Festival||Home|
|Apr-22||Kent Festival – Venue tbc||Away|